When the chains of addictive behaviours bind you, it’s difficult to see a way out of the cycle and a forward path to freedom from addictions. At Ian Robertson Therapy Group, we understand the complexities of addictions, and we’re here to guide you or your loved one toward reclaiming a life of purpose, balance, and joy. I want you to know, there is hope and healing from addiction.
Addiction, whether to substances or other behavioural addictions, isn’t merely a physical dependence. It often stems from deeper emotional, psychological, or environmental factors. Recognizing addiction is the first step to healing, and it involves understanding both its manifestations and underlying causes. For many according to the research, causation is often rooted in trauma.
Signs of Addictive Behaviors
While each individual’s experience with addiction is unique, there are common signs to look out for. If you or someone close to you exhibits three or more of the following, it may be time to seek professional help:
- Friends or family express concerns about the behaviour.
- Efforts to hide the addiction from loved ones.
- Relying on the substance or activity to manage stress or anxiety.
- Building life routines around the addiction.
- Previous unsuccessful attempts to quit.
- Denial or downplaying the dependency.
- Experiencing issues related to health, work, or relationships due to the addiction.
- Existence of co-occurring mental health disorders, like depression or anxiety.
Our Comprehensive Approach to Addiction Treatment
With over two decades of experience in the field, our therapists adopt a holistic approach to addiction counselling.We understand that each individual is unique, and therefore a comprehensive assessment is initiated to develop a clear understanding of causation, precipatory factors, and contributors that keep the addictive behaviours going. We identify ongoing triggers, past trauma, family history, chronic pain, mental health and other contributors such as learning disabilities.
Our treatment process includes
- Biopsychosocial assessment
- Screening and assessing for past and current trauma exposures
- Substance abuse Screening and other addictive behavioural assessments
- Assessing the Stage of Change while exploring means to enhance internal motivation for change
- Developing an individualized strength-based treatment plan specific to the client’s unique needs
Upon gaining a deeper understanding of the individual’s addiction journey, we co-create a tailored treatment plan with our clients. Our methodologies are designed not only to address addiction but also to empower individuals with skills and strategies to lead a fulfilling, addiction-free life.
We understand that sometimes, the depth of addiction may require more intensive care.
When necessary, we don’t hesitate to connect our clients to higher levels of care, such as residential or day treatment programs.
Breaking the Chains of Addiction
The road to recovery can be challenging, but it’s a journey you don’t have to embark on alone. Let us walk beside you, offering the professional support and guidance you need to break free from addiction and rebuild a life filled with hope and purpose.
Book a Session Today
Ready to take the first step towards healing and growth? Connect with us at Ian Robertson Therapy Group and begin your journey to a brighter, more balanced future.